Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Barry Bonds is the man.

I know I know. The controversy. Whatever. I know about the man. One of my homies was neighbors with Bonds when he was 8. Went over their with his mom to get an autograph, and got bounced by Bonds from the property. Straight up, 'Get off my property." But Ultimately the Truth is that Bonds is the man. Barry you're the greatest ball player I've ever seen. When it comes to things off the field you're a total maniac, like a pendulum always swinging. Always entertaining, but not always _______________________________. You've been scapegoated many times, by you're not always a scapegoat. You've been meeting the media blow for blow for as long as I can remember. It's bizarre. No one has been like you in that regard, except for maybe Ali, or wait there are more. You've been such a great thing for baseball. We all know the cons, BUT look at the TRUTH. You going to tell me you didn't feel amazed when you saw Bonds hit one out of the park! No way. Not a chance in the wide world. And that's why he's a legend. If your answer is, "no"- you aren't perplexed by the Universe. I read an interesting article on ESPN mag today.
----You know what," he said. "I had a helluva season last year, and nobody gave a crap. Nobody. As much as I've complained about McGwire and Canseco and all of the bull with steroids, I'm tired of fighting it. I turn 35 this year. I've got three or four good seasons left, and I wanna get paid. I'm just gonna start using some hard-core stuff, and hopefully it won't hurt my body. Then I'll get out of the game and be done with it." (Title: For Bonds, great wasn't good enough, by Jeff Pearlman, espn.com).----On and on, on and on, Bonds is history. One of the best. A big bully GIANT. a LEGEND. Stocks, BONDS.

No comments: