Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Salamat Datang

I was in Malaysia this summer doing an internship getting my career on. It was a mind boggling experience...I was introduced to some new fruits, drinks, dishes, people, customs, I can't even tell you it all. I really appreciate the opportunity I had to go on a trip out there, I know not everyone can. It was the bomb.

Of course when I was there I kept my eyes out for evidence of Hip-Hop...there was a lot: I saw a a bit of tagging, some outlines and characters, three pieces along a river, heard a lot of rap, 50 was all over the TV, girls had Outkast songs for cell phones, etc.

Once I was driving on the highway with a friend, jungle and palm plantations all around, occasionally we'd drive by some houses or a resteraunt. We were knocking Illmatic.

You know how that go.

Check out this blog, one source to help keep you up to date on the some Malay Hip-Hop.

  • Malaysian Hip-Hop Portal (The Bazement)
  • No comments: