Wednesday, November 16, 2005

When Stereotypes *hard pause* Come True.

It was incredible, absolutely ridonculous. Background: I'm a student at a small New England D3 school. Story: My good friend and I are on the way to the Library at 7 at night on a path that is about four people wide. Coming from the opposite direction towards us is a group of male students wearing their school team sport warm up jackets. They are standing side by side. My friend and I move to the side, but they don't move at all. "Don't break the line". My friend moves out of the way, I move my limbs together to make a possible impact less damaging...they don't move at all and walk right into me. I hit their shoulders with my held up elbows (like I'm putting up my dukes, but with my elbows held up higher...so outstretched). They laugh and keep on walking.

I was so taken aback at how amateur that was I felt like I didn't even need to talk shit. It was amazing. These JOCKS were being BULLIES in COLLEGE? I'll tell you like this too, I could have talked shit and taken at least two of them down with me, but I didn't. I'm a nonviolent person. I don't appreciate their actions or the violent urge that overcomes me in reaction to their actions.

Have you ever experienced any situations *pause* When Stereotypes *hard pause* Come True"? Tell us about it in an email.
Email... ohiheardaboutthat@gmail.com

No comments: